PHOTOS: Uchumi Supermarket Finally Helps 'Paper Bag' Footballers
After efforts to find the Uchumi paper bag boys were fulfilled, Uchumi Kenya finally located the boys whose pictures were trending on social media.
Through their Corporate Social Responsibility department, the chain of stores' management was able to trace the children to Nsambya slum in Kampala, Uganda.
The boys who were using Uchumi-branded polythene bags as their football Jerseys belong to Heat FC located in Uganda.
The matter was brought to the supermarket's attention through social media prompting the management to search for the footballers.
Staff members from Uchumi's Kenyan branch donated football kits, training equipment and foodstuff in initiative aimed at empowering slam children in the area.
This comes even after Uchumi closed down it's branches in Uganda and Tanzania. Under the new management and CEO Julius Kipng'etich, they realized that the branches had not made any profits over the last five years.
Read Also:Uchumi Closes Down 2 Supermarkets
A new strategic plan for the chain of retail stores was unveiled to improve profits and strengthen their relationship with suppliers by settling debts.
Read Also:Major Uchumi Branches to Be Moved
- 22 October 2019 - 7:33 am
- 22 October 2019 - 7:15 am
- 21 October 2019 - 7:47 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 6:37 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 6:33 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 6:19 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 6:03 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 5:53 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 5:24 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 4:21 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 4:32 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 4:03 pm