After efforts to find the Uchumi paper bag boys were fulfilled, Uchumi Kenya finally located the boys whose pictures were trending on social media.
Through their Corporate Social Responsibility department, the chain of stores' management was able to trace the children to Nsambya slum in Kampala, Uganda.
The boys who were using Uchumi-branded polythene bags as their football Jerseys belong to Heat FC located in Uganda.
The matter was brought to the supermarket's attention through social media prompting the management to search for the footballers.
Staff members from Uchumi's Kenyan branch donated football kits, training equipment and foodstuff in initiative aimed at empowering slam children in the area.
This comes even after Uchumi closed down it's branches in Uganda and Tanzania. Under the new management and CEO Julius Kipng'etich, they realized that the branches had not made any profits over the last five years.
Read Also:Uchumi Closes Down 2 Supermarkets
A new strategic plan for the chain of retail stores was unveiled to improve profits and strengthen their relationship with suppliers by settling debts.
Read Also:Major Uchumi Branches to Be Moved
- in trouble21 January 2021 - 1:06 pm
- Accosted21 January 2021 - 12:14 pm
- dramatic21 January 2021 - 11:59 am
- Insider21 January 2021 - 11:38 am
- Take Note21 January 2021 - 11:22 am
- stringent21 January 2021 - 11:09 am
- Puzzling21 January 2021 - 10:35 am
- Opposed21 January 2021 - 10:38 am
- Nairobbery21 January 2021 - 9:55 am
- latest21 January 2021 - 9:29 am
- road to new chief justice21 January 2021 - 9:15 am
- New Venture21 January 2021 - 8:59 am