Pope Francis arrived in Kenya at 4.30pm on Wednesday evening to a jubilant crowd led by President Uhuru Kenyatta, that received him at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Unlike other Heads of States, the Vatican leader and the head of the Catholic Church spent a fair time at the airport mingling with people before boarding a Honda car model to the State House.
At State House, the Pontiff and President Kenyatta addressed about 3000 guests, with Kenyatta pleading for prayers from the Pope as he led the fight against corruption.
Pope Francis who had earlier on recieved a 21 gun salute from the Military, took some time after his address to take photo with some of the invited dignitaries including former Presidents, Daniel Moi and Mwai Kibaki.
Here are some of the photos courtesy of PSCU:
President Kenyatta his wife Margret and their three children with Pope Francis
Deputy President William Ruto, his wife Rachel and their daughters
President Kenyatta's family pose for a photo with Pope Francis
Former Presidents Moi, Kibaki and President Uhuru Kenyatta
Former Vice President Moody Awori kisses Pope's handgun corruption fight
- Saviour19 May 2022 - 3:29 pm
- Expansion19 May 2022 - 2:59 pm
- Freedom19 May 2022 - 2:37 pm
- Embattled19 May 2022 - 2:04 pm
- Get Paid19 May 2022 - 2:12 pm
- Responds19 May 2022 - 1:57 pm
- Heart of Gold19 May 2022 - 2:16 pm
- Blurred lines19 May 2022 - 1:39 pm
- Suspected19 May 2022 - 12:55 pm
- Generosity19 May 2022 - 12:14 pm
- Blow19 May 2022 - 11:08 am
- Intervenes19 May 2022 - 11:50 am