The Mohamed Nyaoga-led commission which had been investigating the problems facing Makueni County on Wednesday made the recommendation in a report presented to President Uhuru Kenyatta.
In the report, at least 94% of the residents who appeared before the commission recommended dissolution as the way forward.
The commission was tasked to find out what was ailing the County, which has been on the headlines, for months, following wrangles among the leaders.
Operations at the county have been brought to a standstill as a result of leadership-centered controversy.
The commission also found out that wastage and misappropriation of devolved funds and other county resources were among the reasons for the constant wrangles.
Through his Facebook page, Governor Kibwana, said his government was ready for the commission's verdict and would respect it.
He reiterated his sentiments while speaking to KTN, saying if the commission had chosen to dissolve the County, then his government would not fight it since it reflected the wishes of the Makueni residents.
It is now upto President Kenyatta to hand over the report to the Senate in the next seven days.
The Senate will be tasked with the responsibility of recommending further action.
Watch the report by KTN here.
- Mind at Work10 July 2020 - 12:13 pm
- breaking the bank10 July 2020 - 11:58 am
- helping hand10 July 2020 - 11:37 am
- Money Bags10 July 2020 - 10:53 am
- chosen few10 July 2020 - 10:23 am
- Changes10 July 2020 - 9:51 am
- face the music10 July 2020 - 9:03 am
- Under Siege10 July 2020 - 8:41 am
- decision10 July 2020 - 8:20 am
- Alert10 July 2020 - 7:30 am
- Opulence10 July 2020 - 7:11 am
- Revealed10 July 2020 - 8:14 am