One person died while 13 others sustained injuries after a matatu they were riding in flipped and rolled into a ditch near Kahawa Barracks, Githurai along Superhighway, Nairobi.
The Standard reports that the deceased died on the spot.
8 of the casualties were seriously injured.
The driver is said to have been driving at a high speed when he lost control of the car.
Red cross officials were at the scene to aid with the rescue.
The injured were taken to different hospitals.
Red cross later tweeted that the seriously injured casualties were evacuated to Kenyatta National Hospital.
The accident caused traffic jam for the better part of the morning.accident died killed
- Red flag10 August 2022 - 5:54 pm
- Grisly10 August 2022 - 6:01 pm
- Remember This10 August 2022 - 5:47 pm
- Why Us10 August 2022 - 5:39 pm
- Explained10 August 2022 - 5:14 pm
- CAUTION10 August 2022 - 4:40 pm
- It's a Wrap10 August 2022 - 4:35 pm
- Our Position10 August 2022 - 4:08 pm
- Bowed out10 August 2022 - 4:21 pm
- All Set10 August 2022 - 5:29 pm
- Do Better10 August 2022 - 3:33 pm
- Thank you10 August 2022 - 2:41 pm