The 2010 World Junior Championships gold medalist, David Kiprotich Bett, is dead.
Mr Bett reportedly collapsed and died on Thursday morning while training with colleagues at Kaptagat, Eldoret.
Confirming the incident, his fellow athlete, Laban Mutai, stated that Bett collapsed and was rushed to the Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
“He resides at Chirchir shopping centre. We usually converge for training in the morning. The day’s program was to cover 30km but after the seventh kilometre, I just saw him fall down.
“We did first aid before I went back to the camp to get my car to take him to the hospital. However when I arrived he had been rushed by another person,” said Mutai.
Mutai noted that prior to the incident, Bett had not exhibited any signs of illness and was very disciplined to his training program.
He had in the 2009 World Youth Championships held in Brixen, Italy, won a silver medal in the 3000-metre race.
In the 2010 World Junior Championships held in Moncton, Canada, Bett bagged a gold medal in the 5000 metres race.
Read Also: Woman Found Dead in MCA's House
- tragedy9 August 2020 - 10:35 am
- The Truth9 August 2020 - 9:29 am
- 2022 Politics9 August 2020 - 8:46 am
- Shattering ceilings9 August 2020 - 7:49 am
- Commendable9 August 2020 - 7:28 am
- Troubled9 August 2020 - 7:14 am
- heavy hitter8 August 2020 - 7:58 pm
- in hindsight8 August 2020 - 7:32 pm
- changing lives8 August 2020 - 7:03 pm
- emotional8 August 2020 - 5:57 pm
- woman of steel8 August 2020 - 4:35 pm
- Amen!8 August 2020 - 4:50 pm