One person has been reported dead after a 32 seater bus caught fire at Globe roundabout in Nairobi.
The incident which happened on Saturday morning also left four others injured.
The four were rushed to Kenyatta National Hospital where they are currently receiving treatment.
— Kenya Red Cross (@KenyaRedCross) June 24, 2017
Kenya Red Cross confirmed that Nairobi County firefighting team rushed to the scene and was able to contain the fire.
The rescue team comprising of volunteers, the police and Kenya Red Cross successfully managed to rescue other passengers who were trapped in the 32-seater bus.
The bus was ferrying passengers to town when the accident occurred.
Police are investigating the cause of the fire that is believed to have been caused by a mechanical failure.
The early morning incident caused heavy traffic at the roundabout.
The wreckage of the bus was towed to Central Police Station
- Moves21 June 2021 - 7:11 pm
- Record-Breaking21 June 2021 - 7:05 pm
- New Deal21 June 2021 - 6:41 pm
- Tragic21 June 2021 - 6:04 pm
- Revealed21 June 2021 - 6:25 pm
- Heartbreaking21 June 2021 - 5:23 pm
- Remarkable21 June 2021 - 5:16 pm
- Search & Rescue21 June 2021 - 3:54 pm
- Cornered21 June 2021 - 3:39 pm
- Timely21 June 2021 - 3:34 pm
- Strategy21 June 2021 - 2:48 pm
- Here for You21 June 2021 - 1:57 pm