Infotrak Poll Reveals 5% Margin Between President Uhuru Kenyatta and Raila Odinga
The poll indicated that President Kenyatta would win by 48 per cent against Raila's 43 percent if elections were held today.
According to the poll results, none of the candidates who secure a round one win meaning that the elections would have gone for a run-off.
The study further revealed that with 38 days to the election, 8% of the voters were still undecided on who to vote for.
Jubilee Party emerged the most preferred coalition in the study with 47% as compared to the National Super Alliance who had 43%.
The Infotrak survey also found that 50 percent of Kenyans felt that the country was headed in the wrong direction.
With only 5% points separating the two leading contenders, the race is turning into a two-horse race despite there being six other candidates.
With barely 38 days to the elections, the two candidates will be expected to hit the campaign trail to gain the needed votes.
Earlier this month, African Electoral Observation Group reported that Uhuru would be re-elected with 51 percent against Raila's 39% if elections were to be conducted then.
- 17 January 2020 - 9:17 pm
- 17 January 2020 - 8:10 pm
- 17 January 2020 - 7:08 pm
- 17 January 2020 - 6:45 pm
- 17 January 2020 - 5:42 pm
- 17 January 2020 - 5:13 pm
- 17 January 2020 - 4:47 pm
- 17 January 2020 - 4:11 pm
- 17 January 2020 - 6:09 pm
- 17 January 2020 - 3:45 pm
- 17 January 2020 - 3:07 pm
- 17 January 2020 - 2:50 pm