Jubilee Party Secretary General Raphael Tuju on Sunday spoke about Deputy President William Ruto's decision to skip the running mates debate that is scheduled for today.
During an interview on NTV, Tuju claimed that he and the Jubilee Party were not aware that Kikuyu MP Kimani Wa Ichung’wah would represent Ruto during the running mates debate.
He also accused the Debates Organizing Team of not properly consulting with the politicians.
Tuju was speaking after State House Director of Digital Communications, Dennis Itumbi had earlier announced that Ichung’wah would go to the debate in place of the deputy president.
The Kikuyu MP had also confirmed through this FaceBook that he was ready to take the role and represent his party.
The debates steering committee on its part stated that anybody who is not a running mate would not be allowed to participate in the debates.
The debates have been scheduled to start at 5:30 pm and 8 pm where the candidates who had more less than 5% in the opinion polls would participate in the earlier debate while those with more than 5% going for the later one.
- RIP10 July 2020 - 1:19 pm
- valid10 July 2020 - 1:05 pm
- Mind at Work10 July 2020 - 12:13 pm
- breaking the bank10 July 2020 - 11:58 am
- helping hand10 July 2020 - 11:37 am
- Money Bags10 July 2020 - 10:53 am
- chosen few10 July 2020 - 10:23 am
- Changes10 July 2020 - 9:51 am
- face the music10 July 2020 - 9:03 am
- Under Siege10 July 2020 - 8:41 am
- decision10 July 2020 - 8:20 am
- Alert10 July 2020 - 7:30 am