Jubilee Party Secretary General Raphael Tuju on Sunday spoke about Deputy President William Ruto's decision to skip the running mates debate that is scheduled for today.
During an interview on NTV, Tuju claimed that he and the Jubilee Party were not aware that Kikuyu MP Kimani Wa Ichung’wah would represent Ruto during the running mates debate.
He also accused the Debates Organizing Team of not properly consulting with the politicians.
Tuju was speaking after State House Director of Digital Communications, Dennis Itumbi had earlier announced that Ichung’wah would go to the debate in place of the deputy president.
The Kikuyu MP had also confirmed through this FaceBook that he was ready to take the role and represent his party.
The debates steering committee on its part stated that anybody who is not a running mate would not be allowed to participate in the debates.
The debates have been scheduled to start at 5:30 pm and 8 pm where the candidates who had more less than 5% in the opinion polls would participate in the earlier debate while those with more than 5% going for the later one.
- Imagewow27 February 2020 - 5:56 pm
- Imagego home27 February 2020 - 6:23 pm
- ImageLoan Rangers27 February 2020 - 5:27 pm
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm