Maragua parliamentary candidate Sam Wairimu was on Tuesday charged with sodomy and sexual assault in a Kandara Court.
He is alleged to have sodomised the victim in a room at Storm Pub Lodge in Kenol, Murang’a County, on July 14.
Mr Wairimu, 29, appeared before Chief Magistrate Margaret Kurumbu to answer to the offence but denied the charges.
He was freed on a Sh150,000 bond with a surety of the same amount but by Tuesday evening, he had not raised the bond and was remanded at Thika GK Prison.
The case will be mentioned on August 10 and the hearing will be on October 17.
Wairimu had earlier accused his rivals of being behind the case noting that they were scared of his rising political star.
The independent candidate also stated that a man broke into his hotel room and beat him to a pulp with a wooden bar that had nails on it.
He said neighbours who responded to his screams locked the hotel's door from outside, locking him inside with his attacker as they called the police for help.
[caption caption="Maragua parliamentary candidate Sam Wairimu"][/caption]
- no-show21 October 2020 - 7:02 pm
- Get Out21 October 2020 - 5:49 pm
- taking chances21 October 2020 - 6:04 pm
- emergency21 October 2020 - 6:17 pm
- counterpunch21 October 2020 - 4:41 pm
- On the hunt21 October 2020 - 4:57 pm
- latest report21 October 2020 - 4:01 pm
- angered21 October 2020 - 4:16 pm
- indecisive21 October 2020 - 4:26 pm
- tough tines21 October 2020 - 3:29 pm
- My Cup of Tea21 October 2020 - 4:03 pm
- no way through21 October 2020 - 3:37 pm