Safaricom Gives Githeri Man 2 Samsung S8+ Phones and 1 Tecno Camon
The man who sparked an online buzz on the election day after he was photographed queuing while eating githeri has been awarded by telecom giant Safaricom.
Martin Kamotho aka githeri man was given two Samsung S8+ smart phones for him and his wife and a Tecno Camon for his daughter.
He was also awarded two Sh5,000 credit cards to enable him to follow up with the happenings on social media.
In an earlier interview with Citizen TV, 41-year-old Kamotho revealed that he did not own a smartphone adding that he learnt about his photos on Facebook through his aunt.
Kamotho who lives with his family in Kayole estate, Nairobi stated that he works as a cleaner in the Nairobi County government.
Read More: 'Githeri Man' Martin Kamotho Found in Kayole
Kenyans have crafted all sorts of photoshopped images of the man and the photos are hilarious.
In some, he is seen behind United States of America President Donald Trump, standing next to President Uhuru Kenyatta and even posing with movie legends.
Read More: 'Githeri Man' Hilarious Photo-shopped Images
Here are the photos of 'githeri man' receiving his gifts from Safaricom:
- 20 January 2020 - 1:13 pm
- 20 January 2020 - 12:43 pm
- 20 January 2020 - 11:47 am
- 20 January 2020 - 10:31 am
- 20 January 2020 - 9:55 am
- 20 January 2020 - 10:35 am
- 20 January 2020 - 8:46 am
- 20 January 2020 - 8:28 am
- 20 January 2020 - 7:32 am
- 20 January 2020 - 7:18 am
- 19 January 2020 - 8:28 pm
- 19 January 2020 - 7:59 pm