Three people were killed and eight seriously injured following an attack by bandits in Baragoi, Samburu County on Sunday.
Two of those injured were in critical condition and have been referred to the Kenyatta National Hospital. The two were shot in the head and in the chest.
The rest of the casualties are receiving medical care at the Samburu County Referral Hospital.
According to eyewitnesses, the Sunday evening attack took place as the herders grazed cattle in Suyan area of Samburu North.
The herders were ambushed by rustlers from a neighbouring, rival community. The attack took place between noon and 5 pm.
It took up to five hours for the injured to arrive at the Samburu County Referral Hospital.
Injured herders arrived at the hospital at 11 pm.
Samburu County Referral Hospital Medical Superintendent Robert Nato ensured those critically injured were ferried to Kenyatta National Hospital.
Baragoi is a hotspot for bandit attacks.
This latest attack brings back memories of November 2012 when over 40 police officers were killed in Suguta Valley near Baragoi as they attempted to recover stolen cattle.
- New Tricks26 November 2020 - 8:08 pm
- Take Notice26 November 2020 - 7:53 pm
- Beware26 November 2020 - 7:31 pm
- can't keep up26 November 2020 - 7:28 pm
- lights up internet26 November 2020 - 7:16 pm
- development26 November 2020 - 6:31 pm
- Last Option26 November 2020 - 7:43 pm
- Last Laugh26 November 2020 - 7:03 pm
- shaking bridges26 November 2020 - 5:19 pm
- Poisoned26 November 2020 - 4:54 pm
- in progress26 November 2020 - 4:58 pm
- u-turn26 November 2020 - 4:32 pm