Petition Filed Against Bomet Governor Joyce Laboso
Bomet Governor Joyce Laboso has been taken to court a month after assuming the county's top seat.
Three voters – Alvin Koech, Richard Sigei and Elijah Koech – yesterday filed a petition in court challenging the Governship of the former National Assembly Deputy Speaker
The three want the court to nullify the Governor's win on grounds that the election was not properly conducted by the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC).
In their petition, the three allege that the during the campaign period, there was mass voter bribery by Dr Laboso and her aides.
They also claim that there was massive non-compliance with the constitution and election laws.
Also included in their petition is that the total votes released by IEBC after the election exceeded the number of registered voters in some polling stations.
This comes even as former Bomet Governor Issac Ruto conceded defeat after the declaration of Ms Laboso as the winner of the gubernatorial election.
The former NASA principal noted that he did not wish to challenge her election and instead wished luck to the new governor in her tenure.
In the August election, the former governor lost to Dr Laboso by a margin of 90,430 votes.
Meanwhile, Governor Laboso has announced that 3500 County Government officers will be sent home after the expiry of their contracts.
- September 20, 2018 - 3:44 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 3:12 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 4:20 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 4:10 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 3:42 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 3:00 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 1:58 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 1:14 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 1:10 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 11:35 am
- September 20, 2018 - 12:00 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 11:23 am