Narc Kenya Party leader Martha Karua has demanded compensation to the tune of Sh20 Million from Gatundu South MP Moses Kuria in new submissions filed at the High Court.
Karua accuses Kuria of defamation following remarks he made alleging that she procured witnesses for the International Criminal Court (ICC) in the case against Deputy President William Ruto.
The former Kirinyaga gubernatorial candidate states that Kuria's comments, which were made at a campaign rally in Kapsokwony, Bungoma County, on September 21, 2015 were malicious, unwarranted and defamatory.
In the case heard by Justice Joseph Sergon, Karua notes that the MP's claims damaged her reputation and standing as a politician, businesswoman and advocate.
She stated categorically that she had never met Kuria nor had she been involved in procuring fake witnesses to testify against DP Ruto.
A ruling on the matter will be delivered by the court on November 17th.
After filing the case in September 2015, a gag order was issued that blocked Kuria from linking the Narc Kenya leader in any way to Ruto's case at the ICC.
This comes after Karua recently lost in the case she was seeking the nullification of the entire August 8th election.
In a case filed at the Kerugoya Law Courts, Judge Lucy Gitari ruled that it lacked merit and the application was thrown out.
The court stated that the Supreme Court ruling that nullified President Uhuru Kenyatta's win cannot be applied across the board because each election had its own merits and demerits.
- Goodbye24 October 2020 - 2:38 pm
- doppleganger24 October 2020 - 2:11 pm
- sweet24 October 2020 - 1:51 pm
- gruesome24 October 2020 - 1:28 pm
- Halleluhya!24 October 2020 - 1:00 pm
- will they?24 October 2020 - 12:13 pm
- Presidential Treatment24 October 2020 - 11:42 am
- helping hand24 October 2020 - 11:30 am
- Her Take24 October 2020 - 10:37 am
- Tough Crowd24 October 2020 - 9:59 am
- must watch24 October 2020 - 9:31 am
- fatal24 October 2020 - 8:45 am