Nairobi Woman Representative Esther Passaris has spoken on what she loves most about being in the National Super Alliance (NASA) as opposed to Jubilee Party, which many people expect her to identify with.
In an exclusive interview with Kenyans.co.ke, Passaris noted that it was the high time Kenyans embraced diversity and called on members of the Luo and Kikuyu communities to work together and focus more on issues that unite the nation.
She revealed that she felt loved in NASA despite her ethnic community not having numbers in the opposition.
"Family is expected to love you, much as it's special. It is even more special when loved by your neighbours. God saw that as an important aspect of humanity.
"When I campaign, the love I get from my Luo, Luhya, Maasai and Kisii brothers and sisters is weightier than that of my so-called own," she remarked.
[caption caption="Embakasi East MP Babu Owino and Esther Passaris"][/caption]
The Adopt-a-Light founder also took time to comment on the current state of the country stating that Kenyans have a right to a credible election.
She lauded Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) commissioner Dr. Roselyn Akombe for resigning noting that it was brave of her to resign.
"Akombe showed boldness to resign and her move shows that there are Kenyans who still have a conscience.
"Her actions should not be ethnicised. We need to move away from turning everything to an ethnic battle," she stated.
Passaris further added that if the choice of the Kenyan voters is NASA leader Raila Odinga, then they should be given their will.
[caption caption="Nairobi Woman Representative Esther Passaris"][/caption]
- PLAN IN PLACE24 January 2022 - 8:34 pm
- Recognition24 January 2022 - 6:43 pm
- NEW MEMBER24 January 2022 - 6:02 pm
- Response24 January 2022 - 5:44 pm
- exposed24 January 2022 - 5:57 pm
- new orders24 January 2022 - 4:38 pm
- Uplifting24 January 2022 - 5:07 pm
- revealed24 January 2022 - 3:09 pm
- BEST SUITED24 January 2022 - 2:14 pm
- Defiant24 January 2022 - 1:36 pm
- Revolutionaries24 January 2022 - 2:13 pm
- Remarkable24 January 2022 - 1:03 pm