Top Kenyan Rugby player Mike Okombe is dead.
The renowned rugby 15s (Kenya Simba player) died on Saturday night in Nakuru County.
His club TopFry Nakuru FRC confirmed his demise with the cause of death still unknown.
[caption caption="File image of Mike Okombe "][/caption]
“It is with a heavy heart that we announce the sudden passing on of one of our own, Mike Okombe. Kindly keep the family and the entire Nakuru rugby fraternity in your prayers during these trying times,” Topfry Nakuru RFC posted.
Okombe was an instrumental player for the Kenya Simba’s side over the years playing as a flanker.
[caption caption="File image of Mike Okombe in action for the Kenya 15s Rugby team"][/caption]
He was part of the squad that beat Namibia in 2014. He was also in the team that had historic wins against Tunisia, Portugal and Spain in 2015.
Okombe scored his last try for Kenya fifteens on 4th June 2016 when Kenya beat Uganda 48-10.
Following Okombe's death, his colleagues, sports personalities, and Kenyans took to social media to pass the condolences to a fallen hero.
Here are some reactions:
- sweet deals11 July 2020 - 2:05 pm
- paying back11 July 2020 - 1:58 pm
- opportunities11 July 2020 - 12:56 pm
- lucky escape11 July 2020 - 1:03 pm
- Spotted11 July 2020 - 12:45 pm
- good news11 July 2020 - 12:00 pm
- R.I.P11 July 2020 - 11:17 am
- heartless11 July 2020 - 10:44 am
- Justice?11 July 2020 - 10:14 am
- Reconciled11 July 2020 - 9:26 am
- turbulent times11 July 2020 - 9:00 am
- Tactical11 July 2020 - 7:57 am