Kisumu Governor Anyang’ Nyong’o and his sister Dr Nyagoy Nyong’o have been sued by their nephews over an estate left behind by the Governor's father.
Geoffrey Omondi Nyong’o and Kenneth Odhiambo Okuthe accused the Governor and his sister of leaving out some relatives in the list of beneficiaries of the estate left behind by Shimei Nyong’o.
Omondi and Odhiambo claimed that the respondents who were made administrators of the estate left out two of their siblings’ children from the list of beneficiaries.
The applicants further accused Prof Nyong’o and Dr Nyagoy of concealing material facts on confirmation of the grant and not accounting for the estate.
The duo went to court seeking revocation or annulment of the letters of administration.
[caption caption="Dr Nyagoy Nyong'o"][/caption]
“We want our late mothers to also have their equal share of the same (estate) like the rest and also the administrators to render books of accounts on how they have managed affairs,” Omondi stated.
Mr Omondi filed the case under a certificate of urgency stating that he feared that Prof Nyong’o could sell or transfer the estate.
The hearing of the application was scheduled for November 29, the same day that the hearing of an election petition challenging the Governor's win in the August election resumes.
The petition was filed by former Kisumu Governor Jack Ranguma who accused the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) of mismanaging the election.
Ranguma asked the court to declare that the announcement of Prof. Nyong'o as the gubernatorial winner null and void.
[caption caption="Former Kisumu Governor Jack Ranguma"][/caption]
- tear into16 January 2021 - 4:55 pm
- be cautious16 January 2021 - 4:18 pm
- hide 'n seek16 January 2021 - 4:31 pm
- update16 January 2021 - 3:13 pm
- nairobbery16 January 2021 - 3:12 pm
- notice16 January 2021 - 2:26 pm
- Justice corridors16 January 2021 - 1:46 pm
- rogue riders16 January 2021 - 1:11 pm
- Afro Cinema!16 January 2021 - 12:17 pm
- details16 January 2021 - 12:29 pm
- crossing the line?16 January 2021 - 12:47 pm
- talented16 January 2021 - 11:50 am