President Uhuru Kenyatta has been officially sworn in as the President of Kenya at Kasarani Stadium in Nairobi.
The President took two oaths of office administered on Tuesday afternoon by Chief Registrar of the Judiciary Anne Amadi.
The two oaths taken were the: Oath of Allegiance and the Oath of Execution of Duties where the President vowed to respect and defend the Constitution.
Here is the video courtesy of NTV:
Chief Justice David Maraga witnessed the swearing-in.
Thereafter, President Kenyatta appended his signature to oaths taken.
Deputy President William Ruto also took two oaths for his second term in office also administered by Ms Amadi.
When the official swearing-in ceremony ended the mace is lowered at exactly 12.50pm.
The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) honored the President with a 21-gun salute.
[caption caption="President Uhuru Kenyatta arriving at Kasarani stadium on Tuesday"][/caption]
- Final Verdict26 September 2022 - 3:53 pm
- Solutions26 September 2022 - 3:48 pm
- Take Note26 September 2022 - 3:00 pm
- Insecurity26 September 2022 - 2:49 pm
- Inspiring26 September 2022 - 2:32 pm
- chaos26 September 2022 - 12:13 pm
- New Responsibility26 September 2022 - 12:17 pm
- Remarkable26 September 2022 - 1:56 pm
- Reprieve26 September 2022 - 11:30 am
- The Truth26 September 2022 - 10:48 am
- Directive26 September 2022 - 10:21 am
- tragedy26 September 2022 - 8:34 am