The two were proposed by Siaya residents since Governor Cornel Rasanga's term will come to an end in 2022.
Speaking to the Star, one of the residents Milkah Oduor noted that Senator Orengo and the Rarieda lawmaker had performed well for the residents and were well placed to take over the county's leadership.
[caption caption="File image of Siaya Senator James Orengo and Governor Cornel Rasanga"][/caption]
“I would wish that in 2022, Otiende goes for Senator as Orengo becomes our Governor,” she stated.
According to the residents, the 2022 race was already shaping up with key issues of consideration being the conduct of elected leaders.
Mr Alex Ouma, a resident of Ukwala, noted that anyone planning to seek re-election in 2022 should focus on working with Opposition Leader Raila Odinga.
“Even as we speak now, some MPs have already lost their seats come 2022, because of their demeanor towards Raila’s journey to Canaan,” he explained.
Senator Orengo and Lawyer Amollo have been key faces in the National Super Alliance (NASA) over the past few months.
[caption caption="File image of Rarieda MP Otiende Amollo and NASA Leaders"][/caption]
The Senator and MP also act as the coalition's legal experts as has been witnessed in the recent past, where the duo show up in court to defend NASA leaders accused of committing different illegalities.illegal
- NEXT STEP16 January 2022 - 6:56 pm
- setback16 January 2022 - 7:11 pm
- Looming Crisis16 January 2022 - 5:49 pm
- Pandemonium16 January 2022 - 4:17 pm
- top secret16 January 2022 - 4:36 pm
- groundbreaking16 January 2022 - 4:36 pm
- TIPS16 January 2022 - 4:12 pm
- Sky is the Limit16 January 2022 - 2:39 pm
- reality check16 January 2022 - 3:02 pm
- appreciation16 January 2022 - 1:07 pm
- Listen Up16 January 2022 - 12:22 pm
- Warning16 January 2022 - 12:12 pm