Patient Shoots Nurse Dead in Nairobi
A patient shot dead a nurse at Chiromo Lane Medical Centre in Nairobi on Thursday.
According to the police, the suspect is a licensed gun holder who has a mental condition.
Reports indicate that the patient had been rushed to the medical centre on Wednesday night by a relative.
[caption caption="File Photo"][/caption]
The patient is said to have opened fire at the nurse who was attending to him after refusing to surrender his gun to the hospital's security personnel.
A nurse at the hospital revealed that the patient looked intoxicated and arrived in the company of his sister at around 7 pm.
“The security guards asked the patient to leave his gun at the gate but he refused and said that he was licensed to carry his gun and would not leave it in someone else’s hands,” he remarked.
Gigiri police boss Vitalis Otieno stated that the patient will be in custody until investigations into the incident are completed.
Initial reports from the hospital indicated that the patient mishandled his firearm but the matter is still under investigation.
An employee at the facility revealed that they found the patient sitting with both his hands on his head and the gun placed on the table after the incident.
The nurse has been identified as Mr Faustine Badolo.
[caption caption="Gigiri OCPD Vitalis Otieno"][/caption]
- September 20, 2018 - 7:57 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 6:25 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 6:36 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 5:31 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 5:18 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 4:48 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 5:05 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 6:28 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 3:44 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 6:31 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 3:12 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 4:20 pm