The Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD) has warned parents against buying a book that included homosexual partnerships as a social structure.
In a thread of tweets, the state corporation stated that the book had not been approved for the new curriculum.
"Please be wary of misleading information: This book is not part of books approved by KICD.
"Parents and teachers are advised to confirm with us the approved books to avoid buying wrong books, like this one," KICD tweeted.
[caption caption="The tweet by KICD"][/caption]
[caption caption="The page from the textbook"][/caption]
Meanwhile on Wednesday, CS Matiang'i announced that the 8-4-4 education system would be completely phased out in 2027.
Addressing the media at Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD), CS Matiang'i explained that the government would enforce the new education system using a gradual phased-in approach.
"It will take us until 2027 to actually phase out the 8-4-4 system because we have adopted the gradual system of implementation which takes time and we don't want to rush it," he elucidated.
He added that the programme for the rollout of the new school curriculum was on course, with designs already sent out to schools in the pilot programme.
"We began the roll-out using a national pilot programme. We trained 170,000 teachers to ensure the program is successfully implemented," he stated.
[caption caption="File image of school children in class"][/caption]sex
- EXPLAINED2 December 2022 - 8:02 pm
- Changes2 December 2022 - 6:34 pm
- Fairy Tale2 December 2022 - 7:40 pm
- Quit2 December 2022 - 6:20 pm
- Accolades2 December 2022 - 7:53 pm
- Staff purge2 December 2022 - 6:04 pm
- delight2 December 2022 - 5:27 pm
- Crash2 December 2022 - 5:23 pm
- DISAPPOINTMENT2 December 2022 - 5:15 pm
- Partnership2 December 2022 - 5:05 pm
- Strategy2 December 2022 - 4:40 pm
- Struck Out2 December 2022 - 4:31 pm