Thirdway Alliance Party leader Ekuru Aukot has revealed that he plans to unveil a shadow cabinet in the coming weeks.
Dr Aukot stated that his team would be made up of experts who would be tasked with keeping President Uhuru Kenyatta's government in check.
In an exclusive conversation with Kenyans.co.ke on Monday, the former Presidential candidate affirmed that it was the responsibility of a credible Opposition to offer alternative leadership.
"The function of the cabinet will be to shadow the Government.
"We will offer alternative leadership. We should be able to challenge the government of the day on policy. Our experts will question the government and offer better solutions," Aukot stated.
[caption caption="Thirdway Alliance leader Ekuru Aukot addressing a past briefing"][/caption]
He further noted that they would be keeping a close eye on the appointment of the actual Cabinet by President Kenyatta.
Dr Aukot gave an example of the Interior Ministry, noting that if someone was appointed to the role of Interior CS, they would look at his suitability and keep them on their toes.
He also divulged that his party was strategizing on who to field in the Kitui West by-election.
Dr Aukot revealed that so far, they had been approached by two people seeking the party ticket.
Mr Ben Mbai, however, seems to be the frontrunner for the nomination, with the party touting him on social media as their candidate in the upcoming poll.
[caption caption="Ekuru Aukot outside the Supreme Court"][/caption]
- Covid-1925 May 2020 - 5:20 pm
- tots on air25 May 2020 - 4:50 pm
- latest25 May 2020 - 4:31 pm
- Another One25 May 2020 - 4:26 pm
- the journey25 May 2020 - 3:26 pm
- Protests25 May 2020 - 3:12 pm
- Clarification25 May 2020 - 2:36 pm
- next level25 May 2020 - 1:50 pm
- Extreme Measures25 May 2020 - 1:03 pm
- coming clean25 May 2020 - 12:40 pm
- winning25 May 2020 - 11:48 am
- Head On25 May 2020 - 11:08 am