Kenya Airways is set to begin direct flights to the United States in October 2018.
Reports indicate that booking of advance tickets for the maiden Nairobi-New York flight is scheduled to commence on January 11.
The trip is estimated to take 15 hours, down from the current minimum of 22 due to layovers.
A representative from Kenya Airways who spoke to Kenyans.co.ke divulged that the flight was confirmed but had not yet been officially unveiled.
The official just stated: "It's set for launch."
[caption caption="Kenya Airways Sebastian Mikosz"][/caption]
The plane to New York will reportedly depart the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) at 10.30 am daily.
The return flight will also leave New York's John F. Kennedy (JFK) Airport at 1.30 pm daily.
A 234-passenger Boeing Dreamliner will be used for the highly anticipated flight.
The airline was issued with a permit to be a Foreign Air Carrier last year, paving the way for the direct flights to begin.
Issued by the U.S Department of Transportation, the permit allows Kenya Airways to engage in scheduled and charter air transport between any points in Kenya and any point in the United States.
[caption caption="Kenya Airways Chairman Michael Joseph"][/caption]
- Quick recovery30 September 2020 - 7:46 am
- Insider30 September 2020 - 7:07 am
- bitter exchange29 September 2020 - 7:59 pm
- Expert Advice29 September 2020 - 7:12 pm
- panic29 September 2020 - 6:53 pm
- not us29 September 2020 - 6:09 pm
- Cracks Whip29 September 2020 - 5:43 pm
- Time Out29 September 2020 - 5:53 pm
- it's time29 September 2020 - 5:10 pm
- Sad state29 September 2020 - 5:32 pm
- big win29 September 2020 - 5:02 pm
- Tough Life29 September 2020 - 4:41 pm