Date For First Direct Flight to US Set
Kenya Airways is set to begin direct flights to the United States in October 2018.
Reports indicate that booking of advance tickets for the maiden Nairobi-New York flight is scheduled to commence on January 11.
The trip is estimated to take 15 hours, down from the current minimum of 22 due to layovers.
A representative from Kenya Airways who spoke to Kenyans.co.ke divulged that the flight was confirmed but had not yet been officially unveiled.
The official just stated: "It's set for launch."
[caption caption="Kenya Airways Sebastian Mikosz"][/caption]
The plane to New York will reportedly depart the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) at 10.30 am daily.
The return flight will also leave New York's John F. Kennedy (JFK) Airport at 1.30 pm daily.
A 234-passenger Boeing Dreamliner will be used for the highly anticipated flight.
The airline was issued with a permit to be a Foreign Air Carrier last year, paving the way for the direct flights to begin.
Issued by the U.S Department of Transportation, the permit allows Kenya Airways to engage in scheduled and charter air transport between any points in Kenya and any point in the United States.
[caption caption="Kenya Airways Chairman Michael Joseph"][/caption]
- 20 September 2019 - 7:22 am
- 19 September 2019 - 7:58 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 7:46 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 8:26 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 7:16 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 7:25 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 6:00 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 6:12 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 5:11 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 5:24 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 4:40 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 6:03 pm