Raila, Kalonzo Differ on Envoys Demand to Recognise Uhuru as President
Kalonzo, on his part, stated that the envoy's demands were weighty and the coalition should reconsider them.
“This is a matter we have to deliberate on. I can’t conclusively respond to this now,” Kalonzo stated.
However, Makueni Senator Mutula Kilonzo Jr differed with his party leader on the issue questioning why the envoys were making demands, and at the same time, indicating their intention to broker negotiations.
[caption caption="Makueni Senator Mutula Kilonzo Jr"][/caption]
“In negotiations, the arbiter remains neutral. They cannot issue demands to either side,” Mutula stated.
Odinga accused the envoys of failing to address issues that faced the country such as electoral injustice and warned them to stop meddling in the political affairs.
He further castigated the envoys stating that they had no moral authority to lecture Kenyans on democracy and rule of law after aiding electoral theft in the August polls.
“Stop the hypocrisy. We know you are just interested in trade so you can loot the country and stash the resources in your own countries," he cautioned.
[caption caption="NASA principal Raila Odinga during a rally"][/caption]
"Kenya is an independent country and we will solve our problems our own way,” he added.
- October 19, 2018 - 8:14 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 7:13 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 6:14 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 5:47 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 5:07 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 5:27 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 4:15 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 4:13 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 4:12 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 3:38 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 3:15 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 2:19 pm