How NASA MPs Will Use US Congress to Remove Godec
National Assembly Minority Leader John Mbadi has revealed that Opposition legislators will sign a petition to the US Parliament demanding that Ambassador Robert Godec is recalled from Kenya.
The Suba South Member of Parliament accused Ambassador Godec of being the source of the political problems that Kenya is facing.
“NASA MPs will demand that Godec be removed from Kenya because he has become a source of the problem in our politics,” Mbadi stated.
Mbadi also faulted Godec and other envoys for failing to castigate the State after they disregarded court orders and withdrew security for Opposition leaders.
[caption caption="National Assembly Minority Leader John Mbadi and US Amb Robert Godec"][/caption]
“If they are honest, then they must tell this regime to uphold the rule of law, freedom of media and respect the Judiciary," Mbadi stated.
He added: "They should be ashamed to tell us to recognise a regime that cannot obey court orders, arrests Opposition leaders and withdraw their security.”
Kisumu East legislator Shakeel Shabbir dismissed the envoys stating: “They have never supported our interests. They are only pushing for their interests including tenders.”
[caption caption="NASA Leader Raila Odinga"][/caption]
Odinga accused the envoys of failing to address electoral injustice and meddling in the country’s political affairs.
- September 21, 2018 - 7:37 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 7:02 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 6:25 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 5:56 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 6:05 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 5:37 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 4:47 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 4:35 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 4:00 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 3:43 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 4:17 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 2:27 pm