Addressing a crowd at Oyugis Town in Homa Bay County, he stated that it was purely a Senate affair adding that he had nothing to do with the plans to oust Mr Wetangula.
However, he stated that such actions by the ODM leaders should not be used to deepen the rift within the Opposition.
[caption caption=" Raila Odinga speaks in Oyugis Town, Homa Bay County"][/caption]
"In a house with many wives, jealousy is inevitable. For instance, what happened to Wetangula in Senate is a very small thing," he stated.
The Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) party leader also revealed that his meeting with President Uhuru Kenyatta on March 9 was one of the most difficult things he has had to do.
The former Prime Minister went on to bemoan that the meeting with the Head of State was the only option left to create a united nation.
"I'm no fool, I had no choice but to make a painful decision to work with Uhuru in a bid to realize a unitary State," he declared.
He also refuted claims that his agreement with President Kenyatta meant he had crossed over to the ruling Jubilee party.
“Nasa has not joined Jubilee. Nasa is still strong. It is me who went to meet with (President) Uhuru Kenyatta for the sake of Kenya.
"I spoke to him because he is the President of Kenya, and I am the people’s president, not so? So we needed to end the injustices in our country and take Kenya forward,”,”he stated.
[caption caption="Raila received in Kisii by Senator Sam Ongeri(Twitter)"][/caption]
- Avoidable21 May 2022 - 5:51 pm
- Replaced21 May 2022 - 4:30 pm
- Explainer21 May 2022 - 5:01 pm
- Well Paying21 May 2022 - 3:59 pm
- Making Choices21 May 2022 - 2:59 pm
- Demands21 May 2022 - 2:05 pm
- Renounce21 May 2022 - 12:44 pm
- Music Wars21 May 2022 - 12:52 pm
- Stashed21 May 2022 - 11:43 am
- Dedicated21 May 2022 - 11:23 am
- Feud21 May 2022 - 9:41 am
- Calm Her Down21 May 2022 - 9:05 am