Speaking during a funeral in Kisii county, the Opposition chief told mourners that he was forced to meet with the President for the sake of the country.
The former Prime Minister went on to bemoan that the meeting with the Head of State was the only option left to create a united nation.
"I had no choice but to make a painful decision to work with Uhuru in a bid to realize a unitary State," he declared.
[caption caption="Raila received in Kisii by Senator Sam Ongeri and other leaders"][/caption]
The National Super Alliance (NASA) coalition chief had attended the burial of the Late University of Nairobi lecturer, Professor Tumbo Oeri.
Prof. Oeri collapsed at his home on March 7 and passed on following what is suspected to have been a heart attack.
In Nairobi, NASA co-principals Musalia Mudavadi, Kalonzo Musyoka and Moses Wetangula held a meeting where the co-principals condemned ODM Senators' move to oust the Ford-K party leader from his Senate position.
The Senator had cautioned his ODM counterparts that "if anybody wants a divorce, it would be messy, it would be noisy, it would be unhelpful, it would not be easy, it would have casualties".
The former PM was left out of the Friday meeting where 'divorce talks' dominated discussions as the principals deliberated their future in the Opposition.
President Kenyatta's pact with the Opposition chief amplified differences among NASA affiliate parties as the Orange party has been accused of operating alone and bullying its partners.
[caption caption="Opposition chief Raila Odinga arriving in Kisii County on March 16, 2018"][/caption]suspect
- New Alliance28 June 2022 - 8:08 pm
- Tracking28 June 2022 - 8:18 pm
- The Big Boy28 June 2022 - 7:34 pm
- Running Mouth28 June 2022 - 7:04 pm
- Daylight Robbery28 June 2022 - 6:29 pm
- Revealed28 June 2022 - 5:37 pm
- No Thank You28 June 2022 - 4:29 pm
- A spying boss28 June 2022 - 3:31 pm
- Sad28 June 2022 - 3:55 pm
- Revealed28 June 2022 - 3:43 pm
- Tragic28 June 2022 - 2:41 pm
- PROGRESS28 June 2022 - 2:08 pm