Attorney General (AG) nominee Paul Kihara on Thursday exposed how church priests compromised his judgements during his tenure as a judge.
Appearing before National Assembly vetting committee, the AG nominee noted that he endured several attempts by the church leaders to convince him to write rulings convenient to them.
“You go to church on Sunday, and as you are greeting the priest, he embraces you stating; ‘na ukumbuke yule ni mtu wetu (remember that is our person)’ referring to a case before me,” he explained.
Nonetheless, he affirmed that the pressure from the church leaders made him resilient and is sufficient proof that he is fit for the AG position.
[caption caption="AG Nominee Paul Kihara (Twitter)"][/caption]
During the vetting process, he also highlighted that the corruption menace emanates from lack of honesty and integrity among Kenyan leaders.
“What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul. That is a challenge for all of us, not just me. It is for every member who holds a position of leadership in this society,” he stated.
The Members of Parliament (MPs) also brought to his attention the disorganization at the Office of the Attorney General in regards to Asset Recovery, delayed compensation and lost cases.
He assured that he would be reviewing the suitability of the persons-in-charge but attributed the poor funding of the state office to lost cases.
Kariuki further pointed out that he would work to restore harmonious relations between all the three arms of government.
[caption caption="AG Nominee Paul Kihara appearing before Parliament Committee(Twitter)"][/caption]
In that regard, he assured that he would seek to improve the working relationship between the investigative authorities and the Directorate of Public Prosecutions by amending governing laws.
- Stance27 September 2020 - 5:20 pm
- out and about27 September 2020 - 5:07 pm
- Surge27 September 2020 - 3:59 pm
- Milestones27 September 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Expert Advice27 September 2020 - 2:43 pm
- Ranked27 September 2020 - 2:30 pm
- unveiled27 September 2020 - 2:16 pm
- Commendable27 September 2020 - 1:24 pm
- people power27 September 2020 - 11:34 am
- Costly Journey27 September 2020 - 11:37 am
- Outed27 September 2020 - 11:09 am
- battle27 September 2020 - 9:59 am