Gatundu South Member of Parliament (MP) Moses Kuria has revealed that his counterparts in the National Assembly will hold a peaceful protest on Monday over misreporting by a section of media houses.
Through his Facebook account, the legislator noted that the MPs will march to the CEOs of Nation Media Group and Royal Media Services (RMS) over the false reports by media that the Director of Criminal Investigations (DCI) George Kinoti had linked the suspect accused of conning MPs to their colleague Sabina Chege.
The Gatundu South MP issued this statement after DCI Kinoti refuted reports that he had directly linked the suspect to the Murang'a MP.
Kinoti stated that, contrary to reports in sections of the media, he did not tell MPs that Sabina has a special relationship with the suspect.
[caption caption="DCI head George Kinoti (Twitter)"][/caption]
"I did not say that. The media misinterpreted what I said,” he stated.
Kinoti further asserted that he only mentioned that most of the complainants are known to the suspect in one way or another but did not single out on Ms Chege.
“The stories published in the media are not only false but misleading,” he expressed.
The detective also noted that the man, who registered a phone line in the name of the Murang'a legislator, is a former Devolution Ministry official.
The man, identified as Wazir Benson Masubo Chacha, used to masquerade as Anne Waiguru's personal assistant during her time at the ministry.
[caption caption="MP Sabina Chege (Facebook)"][/caption]
“He has conned many MPs through those tricks because he impersonated as the PA to Waiguru,” Kinoti divulged.
- tough hardle26 September 2020 - 8:44 am
- His Take26 September 2020 - 8:33 am
- Power play26 September 2020 - 7:36 am
- declined26 September 2020 - 7:23 am
- double standards25 September 2020 - 7:58 pm
- Winning Mentality26 September 2020 - 9:17 am
- unfortunate25 September 2020 - 7:30 pm
- please consider25 September 2020 - 7:03 pm
- heckled25 September 2020 - 6:31 pm
- Terrified25 September 2020 - 6:14 pm
- sad!25 September 2020 - 4:48 pm
- Chaos25 September 2020 - 4:35 pm