Journalist Larry Madowo on Thursday announced his departure from one of Kenya's leading broadcaster, NTV.
In a tweet, Larry stated: "I leave NTV as I came: humbled & grateful. The job was one of the great honours of my life."
The journalist went on to convey his gratitude to the Nation Media Group (NMG) and his fans for their contributions to his career.
"Thanks to everyone who watched, and to Nation for the privilege of the opportunity. I’m proud of my amazing colleagues & everything we accomplished. Farewell, my friends. Stay woke," the tweet conveyed.
[caption caption="Larry Madowo"][/caption]
Until he left, Larry had been an Anchor and Technology Editor for NTV, he also wrote a column titled Front Row for the Daily Nation.
Over the past few days, the journalist has been engaging international media stations on the Cambridge Analytica exposé.
He has made appearances and taken interviews with Al Jazeera, BBC and Channel 4 News. He has also been writing for the Washington Post on occasion.
On February 28, 2018, Larry caused a stir on the social media platform when he deleted all "NTV" tags on his Twitter bio leaving only the description "Journalist".
The dramatic change was accompanied by a poetry verse that sounded like a farewell message.
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness," the post read in part.
[caption caption="Larry Madowo on an NTV news set"][/caption]
NTV has been hit with a series of resignations as the journalists and columnists cite interference from the government.
- in trouble21 January 2021 - 1:06 pm
- Accosted21 January 2021 - 12:14 pm
- dramatic21 January 2021 - 11:59 am
- Insider21 January 2021 - 11:38 am
- Take Note21 January 2021 - 11:22 am
- stringent21 January 2021 - 11:09 am
- Puzzling21 January 2021 - 10:35 am
- Opposed21 January 2021 - 10:38 am
- Nairobbery21 January 2021 - 9:55 am
- latest21 January 2021 - 9:29 am
- road to new chief justice21 January 2021 - 9:15 am
- New Venture21 January 2021 - 8:59 am