Royal Media Services (RMS) on Wednesday made top-level reorganization to the team.
In a statement released by the group managing editor Wachira Waruru, the media announced the recruitment of former NTV managing editor Linus Kaikai as the Director of Strategy and Innovation.
“On behalf of the Board and Management of the Royal Media Services Limited (RMS), I am pleased to announce new appointments and several internal management changes to strengthen our strategic vision and direction. The changes will enable us to position for long-term growth and bolster our position as market leader of Kenya’s broadcasting industry,” the statement read in part.
[caption caption="Managing editor Joe Ageyo"][/caption]
The vacancies came about when Faridah Karoney was appointed by President Uhuru Kenyatta leaving the Chief Operating Officer (COO) position vacant. Rather than hiring a professional in her place, RMS scrapped the position.
Earlier in March, Peter Opondo resigned as managing editor as reports indicated that he was moving to the lands Ministry as well.
NTV Swahili anchor Jamila Mohammed who resigned from NTV was appointed to be the Managing Editor Swahili division.
Here is the full list of others who have moved to RMS:
1. Fred Afune – Director, Radio and technical services
2. Michael Ngugi – Commercial director
3. Caroline Wanyama – Marketing Director
4. Latifah Ngunjiri – Production Director
5. Moses Karanja - Chief Engineer
6. Vincent Ateya - Head of Mulembe FM /Sulwe FM /Vuuka FM
Here is the statement from RMS:
[caption caption="The statement from RMS"][/caption]
- Covid-1925 May 2020 - 5:20 pm
- tots on air25 May 2020 - 4:50 pm
- latest25 May 2020 - 4:31 pm
- Another One25 May 2020 - 4:26 pm
- the journey25 May 2020 - 3:26 pm
- Protests25 May 2020 - 3:12 pm
- Clarification25 May 2020 - 2:36 pm
- next level25 May 2020 - 1:50 pm
- Extreme Measures25 May 2020 - 1:03 pm
- coming clean25 May 2020 - 12:40 pm
- winning25 May 2020 - 11:48 am
- Head On25 May 2020 - 11:08 am