Speaking on Sunday, Obado asserted that he intends to contend the party's decision adding that it is personal.
Obado and Ayacko were both contesting for the Migori gubernatorial position in the 2017 General Election, which the incumbent won on the ODM ticket.
[caption caption="Migori Senator Okoth Obado during a past public function"][/caption]
However, following the outcome, Ayacko challenged the election in court and even moved to the Court of Appeal after the High Court upheld Obado's win.
Ayacko later withdrew the petition after Opposition leader Raila Odinga intervened.
This move has been vehemently opposed by governor Obado who claims that it is an "imposed" directive from the Party.
His opposition has since earned him attacks from ODM MPs warning him that he risks facing disciplinary action for going against the party's decision.
Suna East MP Junet Mohamed, who is also ODM's director of campaigns, affirmed that no member should go against the party's choice.
"Anybody else can oppose Ayacko. But if you are a member of ODM, regardless of the position you hold or your stature in life, we shall not hesitate to take disciplinary action and you will be surprised," Junet stated.
On his part, Obado accused the party led by the former Prime Minister of promoting double standards in ODM.
He maintained that in as much as he respects Raila, he also respects the will of the people to choose their leaders and so should his party.
The by-elections will be held in October.
[caption caption="Opposition leader Raila Odinga, Migori Governor Okoth Obado and his rival Ochillo Ayacko during the burial of Migori Senator Ben Okello"][/caption]death
- Tough times5 February 2023 - 8:38 pm
- Unbothered5 February 2023 - 7:38 pm
- Unlawful5 February 2023 - 6:31 pm
- Victory5 February 2023 - 7:56 pm
- Be Careful5 February 2023 - 7:19 pm
- Journey5 February 2023 - 6:51 pm
- CREDITS5 February 2023 - 5:55 pm
- Lanes5 February 2023 - 3:41 pm
- Accident5 February 2023 - 4:41 pm
- take note5 February 2023 - 3:30 pm
- Thirsty Days Ahead5 February 2023 - 4:17 pm
- Strategy5 February 2023 - 3:01 pm