Speaking on Sunday, Obado asserted that he intends to contend the party's decision adding that it is personal.
Obado and Ayacko were both contesting for the Migori gubernatorial position in the 2017 General Election, which the incumbent won on the ODM ticket.
[caption caption="Migori Senator Okoth Obado during a past public function"][/caption]
However, following the outcome, Ayacko challenged the election in court and even moved to the Court of Appeal after the High Court upheld Obado's win.
Ayacko later withdrew the petition after Opposition leader Raila Odinga intervened.
This move has been vehemently opposed by governor Obado who claims that it is an "imposed" directive from the Party.
His opposition has since earned him attacks from ODM MPs warning him that he risks facing disciplinary action for going against the party's decision.
Suna East MP Junet Mohamed, who is also ODM's director of campaigns, affirmed that no member should go against the party's choice.
"Anybody else can oppose Ayacko. But if you are a member of ODM, regardless of the position you hold or your stature in life, we shall not hesitate to take disciplinary action and you will be surprised," Junet stated.
On his part, Obado accused the party led by the former Prime Minister of promoting double standards in ODM.
He maintained that in as much as he respects Raila, he also respects the will of the people to choose their leaders and so should his party.
The by-elections will be held in October.
[caption caption="Opposition leader Raila Odinga, Migori Governor Okoth Obado and his rival Ochillo Ayacko during the burial of Migori Senator Ben Okello"][/caption]
- Surge27 September 2020 - 3:59 pm
- Milestones27 September 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Expert Advice27 September 2020 - 2:43 pm
- Ranked27 September 2020 - 2:30 pm
- unveiled27 September 2020 - 2:16 pm
- Commendable27 September 2020 - 1:24 pm
- people power27 September 2020 - 11:34 am
- Costly Journey27 September 2020 - 11:37 am
- Outed27 September 2020 - 11:09 am
- battle27 September 2020 - 9:59 am
- Tragic27 September 2020 - 9:21 am
- Reckoning27 September 2020 - 8:33 am