President Uhuru Kenyatta is scheduled to meet Chinese President Xi Jinping in Beijing at the China-Africa forum between September 1-5.
In Beijing, Uhuru is expected to sign a Sh380 billion contract for Phase 2B of the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) from Naivasha to Kisumu.
The deal will bring the total cost of the project to Sh800 billion.
“The Mombasa-Nairobi phase cost Sh327 billion, the extension to Naivasha cost Sh150 billion and the final phase will cost Sh380 billion,” Infrastructure CS James Macharia stated last month.
Uhuru's meeting with Jinping is expected to shed light on the financier of the second phase with Macharia having failed to previously disclose details of the agreement.
Following Uhuru's meeting with Trump at the White House, it was announced that a deal for construction of an expressway from Nairobi to Mombasa had been finalized.
The Sh300 billion toll road is expected to halve the time spent on the road between the two cities.
On Thursday, he signed an agreement with UK's May in Nairobi for the repatriation of corruption proceeds hidden in Britain.
“We need to make it painfully unrewarding, and expensive to get into corruption,” he noted at State House.corruption
- hotspot22 September 2021 - 7:48 pm
- Tragic22 September 2021 - 7:39 pm
- COMMUNITY ACT22 September 2021 - 7:00 pm
- GOODBYE22 September 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Take Note22 September 2021 - 6:10 pm
- HISTORIC22 September 2021 - 6:07 pm
- New Sightings22 September 2021 - 5:13 pm
- FETED22 September 2021 - 4:49 pm
- Presidential Assignment22 September 2021 - 4:45 pm
- SCHOLARSHIPS22 September 2021 - 3:50 pm
- accident22 September 2021 - 3:50 pm
- Revealed22 September 2021 - 3:06 pm