Legend athlete Eliud Kipchoge coupled his unique abilities and advanced training techniques to bag the win in Berlin and prove himself the fastest marathoner.
According to Kipchoge, his secret to the famous victory is his hypoxic training which helps his body adapt to reduced oxygen intake to prevent him from running out of breath.
The process involves several minutes breathing low oxygen air, alternated with intervals breathing normal air. He does this by doing practice runs in high altitude areas of Iten in Eldoret.
An excerpt from his training manual reads that in August, he completed an entire session in under 80 minutes with no time between warm-up, workout, and cool-down. Later the same day he ran 12Km in less than 50 minutes.
Coach Bernard Ouma, who handles 1,500m world champion and silver medalists Elijah Manangoi and Timothy Cheruiyot, explained that Kipchoge’s hypoxic exposure combined with his impressive muscle contractility is unmatched.
His muscles have high capability to self-contract to enhance the smooth movement of his limbs
Training experts are trying to analyse the prospects of the human race improving on his performance at the competition.
Worth noting is that at one point, he missed his water bottle which must have played in his mind because hydration in a marathon is everything. However, Kipchoge overcame that to lower the record.
During the record-breaking race, he also ran 17Km of the marathon alone after all the pacemakers had dropped off.
Eliud has come first in all but one race he has participated in on the 42km course since 2013.
- Imageshots fired22 February 2020 - 7:41 pm
- Imagelooking back22 February 2020 - 7:21 pm
- Imagefirst appearence22 February 2020 - 6:44 pm
- ImageStreamlining the system22 February 2020 - 5:47 pm
- Imagedivine calling22 February 2020 - 5:58 pm
- Imagerelieve22 February 2020 - 4:00 pm
- ImageGreat Talk22 February 2020 - 4:49 pm
- Imagereviving the dream22 February 2020 - 3:30 pm
- Imagetill further notice22 February 2020 - 2:59 pm
- ImageTaking Initiative22 February 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Imagesad22 February 2020 - 1:50 pm
- ImageLocked22 February 2020 - 1:34 pm