Former Thika United Captain Dennis Lewa Among Those Dead in Fort Ternan Crash
Former Thika United Captain Dennis Lewa was among 50 people killed in an accident involving a bus in Fort Ternan, Kericho County on Wednesday.
Lewa was heading to Kakamega to complete a move to Premier League side Kakamega Homeboyz.
His death was confirmed by KPL and Football Kenya Federation (FKF) who sent condolences to Lewa's loved ones and teammates.
“The Kenyan Football fraternity is mourning the death of Dennis Lewa who passed away in the tragic bus accident in Muhoroni.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and teammates at this trying time,” tweeted FKF CEO Robert Muthomi.
The 'Homeboyz' bus Lewa was travelling in veered off the road and rolled several times over about 20 meters, killing all but 11 passengers on board.
Police suspect the driver lost control of the vehicle having observed skid marks on the road.
The KPL shared a message of condolence to Lewa's family, his club and the Kenyan football fraternity.
“It is with deep sadness that we learn of the demise of Thika United player Dennis Lewa who passed on in the tragic accident at Fort Ternan on Wednesday.
“Our thoughts are with his family, friends, and Thika United during this time,” KPL tweeted.
- 19 February 2019 - 2:48 pm
- 19 February 2019 - 2:52 pm
- 19 February 2019 - 1:54 pm
- 19 February 2019 - 1:26 pm
- 19 February 2019 - 2:08 pm
- 19 February 2019 - 12:37 pm
- 19 February 2019 - 12:59 pm
- 19 February 2019 - 12:34 pm
- 19 February 2019 - 11:36 am
- 19 February 2019 - 12:07 pm
- 19 February 2019 - 12:00 pm
- 19 February 2019 - 10:25 am