Police have revealed the movement of Al Shabaab militants along the Kenya Somali border between Mandera and Elwak.
This follows the latest developments across the border for the last two weeks in where the militants have been converging.
The build-up has been evident in areas of Hola, Dura, Jidahaley, Juma, and Ilkabere.
The current movement towards the Kenyan border has been attributed to the ongoing purge on their bases in Somalia by AMISOM and allied forces.
“Our officers are on high alert, monitoring their movements so as to counter any attempts by these criminals to cross over to the country to cause fear and despondency” reads the press release.
The police have called upon members of the public, particularly those living along the border, to remain vigilant and report any suspicious movement by individuals or groups to any nearest security personnel.
The statement further reveals that they have identified Hassan Hodey, a Somali national from Damasa, as the suspect behind the murder of two teachers at Arabia High School.
Security agencies are now pursuing the culprit and have vowed not to relent until he is brought to justice.
“We have intensified our Operations in the area to bring the perpetrators of the act to justice,” the National Police Service wrote.criminal murder suspect
- New directive16 September 2021 - 7:48 pm
- Freedom16 September 2021 - 8:01 pm
- Scammed16 September 2021 - 7:38 pm
- Fury16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Clapback16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- OPPORTUNITY16 September 2021 - 6:26 pm
- Central Role16 September 2021 - 6:25 pm
- unfortunate16 September 2021 - 5:41 pm
- Kind-Hearted16 September 2021 - 5:27 pm
- Remarkable16 September 2021 - 5:51 pm
- Disrupted16 September 2021 - 4:38 pm
- long arm of law16 September 2021 - 4:45 pm