Bishop Joseph Kagunda had accused Reverend Paul Warui, Archdeacon John Gachau and Reverend James Maigua of practising homosexuality.
The three clerics had filed the defamation suit against the Mt Kenya West Bishop after the court exonerated them of the charges.
The three argued that they had suffered psychological trauma and excommunication from their church as a result of the bishop's allegations.
The clerics' lawyer, David Onsare, had asked the court to compel Bishop Kagunda to publish a written apology in the local dailies and compensate the three for the damaging accusations.
A lawyer representing ACK in the suit, Mr Wachira Nderitu, welcomed Justice Mshilla's advise asking for time to select a mediator.
The mediators recommended and accredited by the court were listed as David Mwaure Waihiga, Lucy Waruguru Mwai, Charles Migwi, Lydiah Wambui Wakahu, Joakim Mulama Oundo and Rose Wanjiku Muturi.
The three co-accused had been suspended after the Bishop launched the case against them, however, the Employment and Labour Relations Court ordered for them to be reinstated.
Justice Byram Ongaya further ordered the church to compensate the three a sum of Ksh6.8 Million.
The defamation suit will be mentioned on November 30 where the lawyers will have to confirm whether they have selected a mediator.sex
- Nabbed3 December 2022 - 8:34 am
- Tragic3 December 2022 - 7:47 am
- changes3 December 2022 - 8:15 am
- Take Note3 December 2022 - 7:22 am
- Statesman3 December 2022 - 7:04 am
- EXPLAINED2 December 2022 - 8:02 pm
- Highest bidder3 December 2022 - 9:28 am
- Changes2 December 2022 - 6:34 pm
- Fairy Tale2 December 2022 - 7:40 pm
- Quit2 December 2022 - 6:20 pm
- Accolades2 December 2022 - 7:53 pm
- Staff purge2 December 2022 - 6:04 pm