The meeting was attended by President Uhuru Kenyatta and Opposition Leader Raila Odinga who had come from a memorial service for the former Maendeleo ya Wanawake chairperson, the Late Jane Kiano at the ACK St. Francis Church.
The first to arrive at the DP’s home was Uhuru who spent about twenty minutes with his deputy.
According to Ruto’s Twitter handle, the two discussed issues related to national development and unity.
An ally of Odinga told Nation journalists that it was the president who asked the former Premier to accompany him, and he in turn invited Wanjigi.
Odinga and Wanjigi drove into Ruto’s residence 20 minutes after Uhuru had arrived
Senator Kipchumba Murkomen who was also at the lunch meeting stated that the DP used the opportunity to extend an olive branch.
The Jubilee administration has been on Wanjigi’s case for over one year after a state-sponsored investigation into his lifestyle before and after last year’s general election.
At one point, Odinga had to keep an overnight vigil in the tycoon's house to prevent his arrest.
He is currently fighting a case in which he is accused of being in possession of guns illegally.gun arrest illegal fight
- Revealed17 August 2022 - 8:22 pm
- Repulse17 August 2022 - 7:43 pm
- School Calendar17 August 2022 - 7:25 pm
- So Sad17 August 2022 - 7:10 pm
- Delayed17 August 2022 - 6:58 pm
- His Stance17 August 2022 - 6:17 pm
- Daring17 August 2022 - 5:45 pm
- Take Note17 August 2022 - 5:09 pm
- statement17 August 2022 - 4:52 pm
- Message17 August 2022 - 3:46 pm
- Viral17 August 2022 - 4:05 pm
- ADVICE17 August 2022 - 3:31 pm