Business in Eldoret town was unusual on Thursday morning as a convoy with the body of Paul Teigut was being moved to his rural home.
Mzee Teigut is the father to Deputy President William Ruto's PA, Farouk Kibet. His remains were moved to his home in Chepsaita, Turbo Constituency.
The cortege left the Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital in the mid-morning hours wading through the town and the onlookers could not have enough of the caravan.
It was a display of splendor, characteristic of a family whose son is well within the Deputy President's innermost circle.
Mzee Teigut will be laid to rest on Friday, November 16, 2018, with DP Ruto and several other dignitaries expected to attend the burial.
Kapseret MP Oscar Sudi was among the Uasin Gishu county leaders who joined Farouk and the deceased's family as they obtained the body in readiness for burial.
Governors, Senators and lawmakers from the expansive Rift Valley region are expected to converge at Chepsaita, where Mzee Teigut shall be paid his last respect.
Kenyans first heard of Farouk Kibet when his name featured in the public over allegations of having received money from a suspect in the 2015 National Youth Service (NYS) Kshs791 million scandal.
In the 2007 post-election violence case at the ICC, the Prosecutor, Fatou Bensouda, also mentioned Farouk for alleged involvement in the skirmishes.
Bensouda had accused him of tampering with ICC witnesses in the case against the Deputy President at the Hague.violence suspect
- Developments22 September 2021 - 8:53 am
- Remarkable22 September 2021 - 8:59 am
- Heart breaking22 September 2021 - 8:45 am
- Legal Tussle22 September 2021 - 8:04 am
- Backfired22 September 2021 - 7:25 am
- Decision22 September 2021 - 7:42 am
- Remarkable21 September 2021 - 8:03 pm
- UNVEILING21 September 2021 - 7:59 pm
- Politicking21 September 2021 - 7:16 pm
- tragedy21 September 2021 - 6:38 pm
- Pay Up21 September 2021 - 6:28 pm
- details21 September 2021 - 6:06 pm