Kenyan popular “storyteller” Kennedy Ombima, popularly known as King Kaka, on Friday, surprised his fiance, Kanana, during his much publicised Eastlando Royalty album launch.
The rapper descended onto one of his knee and proposed to his longtime girlfriend at the pomped out event.
The event was held at Uhuru Gardens along Lang’ata Road, Nairobi.
The two have been together for a while now and even have two children, Gweth and Iroma.
In the weeks leading to his album launch, the self proclaimed lyrical genius had promised a totally different way of doing things unlike that of his past four other launches.
First, he held an auctioning event for the album’s dashing cover art, then had several private listening parties with his fans after which he held estate tours where he crowned the King and Queen of Eastlands.
The album features his individual works together with that of other high end featured artists such as Tracy Morgan, Hart the Band and Romain Virgo.
In September 2018, the rap royalty made history when he was the first artist from East Africa to feature in an interview with a popular radio in the United States of America.
The rapper appeared on Hot 97 whose host, Rosenberg, admitted to hearing about him eight years ago but never making contact until then.
While at the station, they paid homage to a lot of Kenyan Hip-hop artists like E-sir, Kalamashaka, Kantai, Kitu Sewer among others.
Watch the video below:
- buried hatchet1 June 2020 - 4:22 pm
- costly outing1 June 2020 - 3:48 pm
- congratulations1 June 2020 - 3:43 pm
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am