Kanze Dena’s Citizen Farewell Video Among Most Watched on YouTube
Kellen Kanze Dena’s Citizen TV farewell video on her last day at the station emerged among the most watched YouTube videos in Kenya in 2018.
The team was led by the seasoned reporter Mercy Kandie.
The station also replayed her past videos while both in studio and in the field that moved her to tears.
The celebrated news anchor broke down while giving a farewell speech in which she encouraged everyone to always trust in God.
The farewell was in connection with Dena’s appointment to become the acting State House Spokesperson and Head of the Presidential Strategic Communications Unit (PSCU).
She was later confirmed by President Uhuru Kenyatta as the State House Spokesperson and head of PSCU in full capacity.
She became the first female State House Spokesperson and Head of PSCU in Kenya's history.
Kanze had spent 15 years at the station.
Dena was announced alongside comedian Njugush, singer Otile Brown and former US President Barack Obama when he danced with his grandmother during his Kisumu visit.
In the trending music videos section, “Kwangwaru” by Diamond and Harmonize emerged the top followed by “Short & Sweet” by Sauti Sol and Nyashinski and finally “Chaguo la Moyo” (Heart’s choice) by Otile Brown and Sanaipei Tande.
- 17 February 2019 - 6:30 pm
- 17 February 2019 - 5:56 pm
- 17 February 2019 - 4:56 pm
- 17 February 2019 - 4:50 pm
- 17 February 2019 - 3:06 pm
- 17 February 2019 - 2:58 pm
- 17 February 2019 - 2:43 pm
- 17 February 2019 - 1:47 pm
- 17 February 2019 - 1:12 pm
- 17 February 2019 - 12:47 pm
- 17 February 2019 - 12:06 pm
- 17 February 2019 - 11:22 am