President Uhuru Receives Ksh800 Million Cheque From CBK
President Uhuru Kenyatta on Tuesday received a Ksh800 million cheque from the Central Bank of Kenya.
During the High Level Visit to CBK headquarters, the Head of State was presented with the Government Dividend Cheque.
He thereafter deposited the cheque, which is issued after the bank recorded a profitable performance in the preceding financial year, at the CBK banking counter.
The amount comprises profits realized from operations and revaluation gains.
Once cashed, the dividend payments by the CBK and other state corporations are used towards the implementation of governments priority projects.
Officiating the launch of the new generation currency at the CBK, he noted "We shall be unveiling a set of new generation coins which are compliant with our 2010 constitution. I am extremely pleased that today we can achieve another milestone."
"I am informed that the new generation coins continue the tradition of depicting an aspect that best describes our country," he added.
The new coins will begin to circulate from Tuesday and will bear symbols not portraits of persons.
The new currency will contain features that make them accessible to visually impaired people.
He received the coins which are now legal tender and distributed some to people present during the event.
- 12 December 2019 - 4:26 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 4:52 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 4:28 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 3:37 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 2:43 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 3:12 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 12:55 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 1:04 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 12:42 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 1:27 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 11:52 am
- 12 December 2019 - 2:12 pm