Dirip Gombo Chief George Biqa Burnt to Death During Burial
It was a shocking sight for onlookers who had attended a burial ceremony in Dirip Gombo Location, Marsabit County, after assailants attacked and killed their local chief.
Chief George Biqa had attended the burial of a Kenya Police Reservist officers who was killed in a bandit attack on Saturday.
According to eyewitnesses, a group of people disrupted the burial and charged towards him while referring to him as a traitor.
They started beating him up then, in a shocking twist of events, set him on fire.
Biqa succumbed to the assault before anything could be done to rescue him.
Before his death, the Chief had attended a function led by Labour Cabinet Secretary Ukur Yattani on Friday, December 14, 2018.
The function had been organised to officially recognize the Wayu community as Kenyans.
Police believe that some comments he made at the event might have angered the assailants, who decided to revenge against Biqa.
Police are now pursuing the attackers responsible for his death, with Inspector General Joseph Boinnet calling for their speedy arrest.
The incident happened just after recent inter-tribal clashes between Gabra and Borana communities that left 14 dead and several others injured.
- 18 January 2019 - 8:39 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:58 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:37 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:20 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 5:55 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 6:01 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 4:21 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:58 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:30 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 4:12 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:18 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 2:45 pm