Legendary Harambee Stars striker Dennis Oliech could make a dramatic return to Kenyan football in January 2019.
15 years after he last featured in the Kenyan league for Mathare United, Oliech could become 17-time champions Gor Mahia's latest signing.
Oliech confirmed that talks between his representatives and Gor Mahia had been on-going over the past 10 days.
“I am excited about the return and playing for a big club like Gor Mahia. I want to help them on the continental level.
"If things work out well, the move should be concluded by the end of this week,” he told Standard.
Oliech further disclosed his hope that the move would see him play a role for Kenya's national team which returns to the African Cup of Nations (AFCON) in 2019 after a fourteen-year absence.
It was Oliech's goals that fired Harambee Stars to their last appearance at the continental showpiece in Togo in 2004.
“Coming back to the SPL also opens another possibility of playing for the national team Harambee Stars and I would be excited to play at next year’s Africa Cup of Nations finals,” he stated.
After leaving Mathare United, Oliech went on to play in the Middle East before becoming the first Kenyan to play in France's Ligue 1 for Nantes.
After Nantes was relegated, Oliech signed for Auxerre, another French club.
He was last in action two years ago during a short spell in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- full speech6 June 2020 - 4:13 pm
- Gradual6 June 2020 - 4:15 pm
- Not yet over6 June 2020 - 3:47 pm
- free to move6 June 2020 - 3:37 pm
- Anxious6 June 2020 - 2:40 pm
- smart leader6 June 2020 - 2:56 pm
- unfortunate6 June 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Soaring6 June 2020 - 3:28 pm
- honour6 June 2020 - 2:10 pm
- Insider6 June 2020 - 1:55 pm
- rip6 June 2020 - 1:00 pm
- taking action6 June 2020 - 12:27 pm