The third wife of controversial farmer-cum-politician, Jackson Kibor, has opened up after an Eldoret court granted her husband another divorce.
According to People Daily, Naomi Jeptoo indicated that she has accepted the court's ruling although she denied the allegations by her 85-year-old husband.
"I have never pinched my husband nor subjected him to cruelty, contempt or torture during our marriage that was conducted under Nandi customary law 43 years ago," she stated.
Jeptoo also refuted claims that she denied Kibor conjugal rights that led to the divorce.
The marriage was dissolved by the court on Tuesday granting Kibor his wish to leave the mother of eight.
"I will accept the court ruling regarding dissolution of our marriage as there is nothing I can do," she stated.
The ruling was made by Eldoret principal magistrate Naomi Wairimu after the octogenarian accused Jeptoo of deserting their matrimonial home together with their six children.
Speaking to the press after the ruling, Kibor stated, "I can now confidently say I will live for more years after divorcing this big-headed woman."
Kibor argued that Jeptoo left their matrimonial home voluntarily, became hostile and generally treated him with “utmost cruelty, contempt, neglect”, which caused him “untold psychological suffering”.
Despite Kibor insisting that the marriage was "dead and irretrievable", Jeptoo had told the court, "I still love my husband and I do care for him together with his six children."
In 2017, Kibor was granted another divorce to his second wife Josephine Jepkoech, 69, after allegations of cruelty.
- daring14 August 2020 - 7:47 pm
- listening ear14 August 2020 - 6:21 pm
- narrowly14 August 2020 - 5:01 pm
- philanthropic14 August 2020 - 5:16 pm
- Another one14 August 2020 - 3:46 pm
- new beginnings14 August 2020 - 3:24 pm
- update14 August 2020 - 3:33 pm
- heads rollling14 August 2020 - 2:49 pm
- best of the best14 August 2020 - 2:45 pm
- No Chills!14 August 2020 - 2:01 pm
- pinching pennies14 August 2020 - 1:19 pm
- roughed up14 August 2020 - 1:29 pm