Two people in Malava, Kakamega County, were confirmed dead after a building collapsed and trapped them in.
According to reports, the two were part of the team demolishing a wall in the building.
The building collapsed while the two were pushing a section of it, burying them beneath the rubble.
“They might not have anticipated that the wall would fall almost immediately, it must have come as a surprise before they thought of moving away," a witness who was working at the site during the incident reported.
He also revealed that he had invited the two to assist them in bringing down the wall, oblivious that the tragedy would happen.
When the building collapsed, it was too late to salvage the victims.
"I had invited them to assist me to bring down the wall and while we were inside the house, they decided to push it from outside, we just saw the wall collapse, unfortunately, the two were not spared,” he added.
Area Chief Simon Aswani, while confirming the incident, noted that the tragedy would have been averted had the victims been more careful during the demolitions.
He urged construction workers to be keen in their duties and ensure that their safety is upheld.
The two bodies were taken for preservation in Malava Sub-county Hospital.
- Deepening Wrangles10 May 2021 - 7:47 am
- Get Rich9 May 2021 - 7:06 pm
- RIP9 May 2021 - 5:58 pm
- Traffic9 May 2021 - 6:14 pm
- update9 May 2021 - 4:43 pm
- the truth9 May 2021 - 5:26 pm
- Brutal9 May 2021 - 3:37 pm
- on the decks9 May 2021 - 2:52 pm
- Heartwarming9 May 2021 - 2:28 pm
- drastic action9 May 2021 - 1:43 pm
- Heartfelt9 May 2021 - 12:35 pm
- my plea9 May 2021 - 11:28 am