A video of Deputy President William Ruto displaying his mastery of Luo has excited Kenyans.
Ruto was one of the guests at the installation of Reverend Philip Anyolo as Kisumu Catholic Diocese Archbishop. The ceremony was held at Uzima University Grounds on Saturday.
When ODM Party leader Raila Odinga invited him to speak, Ruto decided to greet the congregation in a language that they are familiar with - Dholuo.
“Nyasaye ber...seche tee...amosou jothurwa...jothurwa umor? Jothurwa untie?
"God is good. All the time. Greetings my village mates. Are you happy? Are you okay?” the DP stated.
The seemingly excited crowd responded saying they were doing well and were happy to host Kenya’s second-in-command.
After his speech, Ruto presented a Mitsubishi Pajero to Archbishop Anyolo to ease his movement around the vast county.
While handing over the car, which currently costs anything between Kshs3 Million and Kshs6 Million, Ruto revealed that it was a gift from himself and President Uhuru Kenyatta.
The archbishop also received a Toyota V8 Land Cruiser from the congregation as a show of appreciation for his long service.
Here is the video:
- SUPREMERCY28 November 2021 - 3:32 pm
- Tragedy28 November 2021 - 3:12 pm
- LANDMARK28 November 2021 - 2:41 pm
- Robbers28 November 2021 - 3:33 pm
- exquisite28 November 2021 - 1:50 pm
- SHAKEN28 November 2021 - 12:46 pm
- expert opinion28 November 2021 - 1:13 pm
- Take Note28 November 2021 - 11:32 am
- LOGGERHEADS28 November 2021 - 11:26 am
- on the spot28 November 2021 - 10:36 am
- TEACHING28 November 2021 - 10:16 am
- HELPED28 November 2021 - 9:58 am