A plane, on Wednesday, crashed in Makutano Forest in Londiani, Kericho County killing five people on board
Confirming the incident, Rift Valley Police Commander Edward Mwamburi disclosed that police and rescue teams were headed to the scene.
First responders reported that five people were in the light aircraft that was flying from Maasai Mara Game Reserve en route to Lowdar.
Airwing Commander Rodgers Mbithi told journalists that all the occupants had succumbed in the crash.
The Cessna plane reportedly developed a mechanical problem before hitting a tree.
The incident comes days after two planes collided at JKIA during maintenance.
Luckily, no injuries were reported during the incident.
Photos shared on social media showed one aircraft with a damaged nose while the other had a damaged wing.
During the crash in Londiani, residents gathered at the scene to try to save the injured, but they weren't successful.
Here is a video from the scene of the crash in Londiani.
- Retaliation!21 April 2021 - 11:26 am
- unfortunate21 April 2021 - 10:07 am
- confusion21 April 2021 - 9:38 am
- New Projects21 April 2021 - 9:30 am
- Corridors of Power21 April 2021 - 9:24 am
- Under Siege21 April 2021 - 7:58 am
- Another One21 April 2021 - 7:16 am
- eyes on prize20 April 2021 - 8:04 pm
- jets out20 April 2021 - 7:48 pm
- new pairs of hands20 April 2021 - 6:50 pm
- Alliances20 April 2021 - 6:29 pm
- dissolve20 April 2021 - 5:22 pm