There has been a new security alert over a terror threat at Kiganjo Police Training College, Nyeri.
According to Nation, contingents of police patrol units were deployed around the institution and in Nyeri suburbs after reports emerged on Saturday over a possible attack in the coming days.
The reports also alleged that several churches in Nyeri were likely to be ambushed in the attack.
This saw surveillance and police presence increased with officers deployed in large numbers to places of worship in the locality.
County Commissioner Fredrick Shisia indicated that several agencies were checking for the sources of the reported “heightened terrorism activities” and their authenticity.
“There has been heightened terror activity but it has been managed so far. This is a matter we are looking into as we continue to beef up security,” Shisia was quoted.
“Some of the threats are against target key installations such as learning institutions and places of worship. Our officers are doing everything to avert any form of attack," the county boss added.
There were also heightened police patrols in Nanyuki town, Laikipia County, following reports of a terror threat on an unspecified location.
“There have been threats. Some are rumours but we are taking them very seriously. Investigations are ongoing into the information which we have received,” County Commissioner Onesmus Musyoki noted.
Previous reports alleged that terrorists could be targeting shopping malls in Nanyuki town, a town that is popular with foreign tourists.
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am
- still got it1 June 2020 - 11:21 am
- Insider1 June 2020 - 9:57 am
- hard pass1 June 2020 - 9:24 am