The First Lady Margaret Kenyatta's Beyond Zero team, on Tuesday, released a list of all the roads that would be closed for the run scheduled for Sunday, March 10.
Mombasa Road, Lusaka Road – Mombasa Road Junction to the City Stadium and Aerodrome road will be closed for the event set to kick off at 6:30am.
Bunyala Road – Mombasa Road Junction to Unilever Kenya and Haile Selassie Round about – August 7th Memorial Park will also be impassable.
The other roads include; Kenyatta Avenue, University Way, Waiyaki Way and Museum Hill – Waiyaki Way Junction – Ojijo Road/Kipande Road junction.
Launched in January 2014, the Beyond Zero campaign aims at bringing prenatal and postnatal medical treatment to less privileged women and children in Kenya.
The First Lady cancelled the Beyond Zero marathon in 2017 and 2018 over politics emenating from a scandal at the Ministry of Heath.
In the past runs, the campaign made proceeds in millions of shillings that was in turn converted into mobile clinics and basic medical equipment supplies that were distributed countrywide.
Below is the full list of all the city roads that will be closed.
- Mombasa Road
- Lusaka Road – Mombasa Road Junction to the City Stadium
- Aerodrome Road
- Bunyala Road – Mombasa Road Junction to Unilever Kenya
- Haile Selassie Round about – August 7th Memorial Park
- Kenyatta Avenue
- University Way
- Waiyaki Way
- Museum Hill – Waiyaki Way Junction – Ojijo Road/Kipande Road junction
- declined26 September 2020 - 7:23 am
- double standards25 September 2020 - 7:58 pm
- unfortunate25 September 2020 - 7:30 pm
- please consider25 September 2020 - 7:03 pm
- heckled25 September 2020 - 6:31 pm
- Terrified25 September 2020 - 6:14 pm
- sad!25 September 2020 - 4:48 pm
- Chaos25 September 2020 - 4:35 pm
- fire25 September 2020 - 4:06 pm
- Uproar25 September 2020 - 3:40 pm
- new directive25 September 2020 - 2:14 pm
- in the cold25 September 2020 - 1:52 pm