The First Lady Margaret Kenyatta's Beyond Zero team, on Tuesday, released a list of all the roads that would be closed for the run scheduled for Sunday, March 10.
Mombasa Road, Lusaka Road – Mombasa Road Junction to the City Stadium and Aerodrome road will be closed for the event set to kick off at 6:30am.
Bunyala Road – Mombasa Road Junction to Unilever Kenya and Haile Selassie Round about – August 7th Memorial Park will also be impassable.
The other roads include; Kenyatta Avenue, University Way, Waiyaki Way and Museum Hill – Waiyaki Way Junction – Ojijo Road/Kipande Road junction.
Launched in January 2014, the Beyond Zero campaign aims at bringing prenatal and postnatal medical treatment to less privileged women and children in Kenya.
The First Lady cancelled the Beyond Zero marathon in 2017 and 2018 over politics emenating from a scandal at the Ministry of Heath.
In the past runs, the campaign made proceeds in millions of shillings that was in turn converted into mobile clinics and basic medical equipment supplies that were distributed countrywide.
Below is the full list of all the city roads that will be closed.
- Mombasa Road
- Lusaka Road – Mombasa Road Junction to the City Stadium
- Aerodrome Road
- Bunyala Road – Mombasa Road Junction to Unilever Kenya
- Haile Selassie Round about – August 7th Memorial Park
- Kenyatta Avenue
- University Way
- Waiyaki Way
- Museum Hill – Waiyaki Way Junction – Ojijo Road/Kipande Road junction
- hotspot22 September 2021 - 7:48 pm
- Tragic22 September 2021 - 7:39 pm
- COMMUNITY ACT22 September 2021 - 7:00 pm
- GOODBYE22 September 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Take Note22 September 2021 - 6:10 pm
- HISTORIC22 September 2021 - 6:07 pm
- New Sightings22 September 2021 - 5:13 pm
- FETED22 September 2021 - 4:49 pm
- Presidential Assignment22 September 2021 - 4:45 pm
- SCHOLARSHIPS22 September 2021 - 3:50 pm
- accident22 September 2021 - 3:50 pm
- Revealed22 September 2021 - 3:06 pm