UPDATE: Pastor Ng'ang'a was released on Tuesday on a Ksh200,000 cash bail.
Well-known Nairobi pastor James Ng’ang’a of the Neno Evangelism Ministry was arrested on Sunday night.
The police took Ng'ang'a into custody for making threats to media personality Linus Kaikai.
The pastor will be arraigned in court on Monday.
The Citizen TV journalist recently came out to sensitize Kenyans against fake pastors and Ministries that were taking advantage of them.
He warned that many of the pastors in the country were only working to make money and not to serve God.
Clearly, Pastor Ng’ang’a took it personally and decided to hit back at Kaikai by making threats.
Pastor Ng'ang'a hit back noting, "I'm telling you like a Chief General commander, you have to stop that, if you don't stop, I promise you will face the consequences."
Kaikai supported Rwandan President Paul Kagame's decree that any new church would be required to present a theology degree as a resident pastor.
His sentiments echoed Kangema MP Muturi Kigano's proposed bill aimed at rooting out fake pastors and churches.
“We are dealing with thieves, not men of God. These are cold-blooded evangelical vampires living off the blood of their flock, in the name of Jesus,” Kaikai stated.
Watch a video of the pastor addressing Kaikai below
Tuesday, March 19
11:38am: This story was updated with the release of the pastor on bail.
- Imageshots fired10 April 2020 - 10:03 am
- Imagehidden agenda?10 April 2020 - 10:07 am
- ImageAnother One10 April 2020 - 9:56 am
- Imagegreenlight10 April 2020 - 9:11 am
- ImagePandemic10 April 2020 - 8:37 am
- Imageangry10 April 2020 - 8:34 am
- Imagesuffering abroad10 April 2020 - 7:13 am
- Imagedo's and donts9 April 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageabort mission9 April 2020 - 7:05 pm
- Imagekind9 April 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Imagebedlam9 April 2020 - 6:31 pm
- ImageBeware9 April 2020 - 7:11 pm